The Gator Pharmacy Early Assurance Program provides highly-qualified students who have been admitted to UF a pathway toward a guaranteed interview for UF's Pharm.D. program.
The Gator Pharmacy Early Assurance Program (PEAP) provides UF students with an opportunity to streamline their path into pharmacy school. This program is designed to assist students through the early process of becoming a pharmacist by providing workshops, training, and opportunities related to pharmacy careers. Participants in this 1-2 year program will need to do the following:
- Complete all of the pre-professional coursework required for entry in UF’s Pharm.D. program,
- Become active members in the UF Pre-Pharmacy Society
- Gain pharmacy experience through shadowing interning and/or employment in a pharmacy setting.
Upon completion of the program with a 3.0 science GPA, students are guaranteed an interview for the UF College of Pharmacy’s Pharm.D. program. Additionally, PEAP students that are offered admission will be placed at their campus of preference.
PEAP is open to current UF students and newly admitted students in any major who plan to take courses listed in the UF pre-pharmacy track.
PEAP is open to both current UF students and newly admitted students
- Current UF students:
- Must have at least one year remaining in their undergraduate studies
- Plan to complete the courses listed in the UF pre-pharmacy track*
- Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher at the time of their application
- Newly Admitted Students:
- High school seniors must be admitted to UF and plan to follow the pre-pharmacy track*.
* Students in any major are eligible, but must also plan to take courses listed on the pre-pharmacy track
Application Process: August 6, 2023
It is preferred that applications be made before or during the college freshman year using the form below. However, you must be admitted to the University of Florida before submitting your application. Students with one year or more years of undergraduate courses remaining are also welcome to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and applicants will be notified within 2-3 weeks of their status.
- Please upload all documents as a pdf.
- Two letters of recommendation are preferred. However, at least one letter must be submitted for a completed application.
- Your recommenders will receive a link to upload their recommendations after you submit your application.
- If the link is not received, your recommenders can send their letters directly to email@example.com.
- Letters of recommendation will not be accepted directly from the applicant.
Please note: Submitted applications will not be reviewed until after the deadline.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Pharmacy PEAP application
Gator Pharmacy Early Assurance applicants are reviewed using the traditional holistic application process used by the admissions committee. Completion of this program does not guarantee admission into the UF College of Pharmacy’s Pharm.D. program but does guarantee an interview.