The Pharmacy Early Assurance Program provides highly-qualified UF and Valencia College undergraduate students a pathway toward a guaranteed interview for UF's Pharm.D. program.
The Pharmacy Early Assurance Program (PEAP) provides UF and Valencia College undergraduate students with an opportunity to streamline their path into pharmacy school. This program is designed to assist students through the early process of becoming a pharmacist by providing workshops, training, and opportunities related to pharmacy careers. Participants in this 1-2 year program will need to do the following:
- Complete all of the pre-professional coursework required for entry in UF’s Pharm.D. program
- Attend required meetings
- Meet regularly with their mentor
Upon completion of the program with a 3.0 science GPA or higher, students are guaranteed an interview for the UF College of Pharmacy’s Pharm.D. program. Additionally, PEAP students that are offered admission will be placed at their campus of preference.
Established PEAP in fall 2023
PEAP is open to current UF and Valencia College students and newly admitted students in any major who plan to take courses listed in the UF pre-pharmacy track or the Valencia Pharmacy Degree Pathway.
PEAP is open to both current UF or Valencia College students and newly admitted students.
- Current UF students:
- Must have at least one year remaining in their undergraduate studies
- Plan to complete the courses listed in the UF pre-pharmacy track*
- Have a GPA of 2.75 or higher at the time of their application
- Newly Admitted Students:
- High school seniors must be admitted to UF and plan to follow the pre-pharmacy track*.
* UF students in any major are eligible, but must also plan to take courses listed on the pre-pharmacy track
- Current Valencia Students:
- Valencia College students must have an overall GPA of 3.0 or higher at the time of their application submission and have at least one year remaining in their undergraduate studies.
- Have taken General Biology (BSC 1010C) and General Chemistry I (CHM 1045C)
- Plan to apply to the UF College of Pharmacy within three years.
Application Deadline: November 17, 2023
It is preferred that applications be made before or during the college freshman year using the form below. However, you must be admitted to the University of Florida or Valencia College before submitting your application. Students with one year or more years of undergraduate courses remaining are also welcome to apply.
- Applications will be reviewed after the deadline and applicants will be notified within 2-3 weeks of their status.
- Please upload all documents as a pdf.
- Two letters of recommendation are preferred. However, at least one letter must be submitted for a completed application.
- Your recommenders will receive a link to upload their recommendations after you submit your application.
- If the link is not received, your recommenders can send their letters directly to email@example.com.
- Letters of recommendation will not be accepted directly from the applicant.
Please note: Submitted applications will not be reviewed until after the deadline.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Pre-Pharmacy PEAP application
Pharmacy Early Assurance Program applicants are reviewed using the traditional holistic application process used by the admissions committee. Completion of this program does not guarantee admission into the UF College of Pharmacy’s Pharm.D. program but does guarantee an interview.