Congratulations on your pursuit of a pharmacy degree. You will find pharmacy to be a highly rewarding, well-paid profession with low unemployment and abundant career opportunities. These are a few of the reasons why Forbes recently ranked pharmacy as the No. 1 profession in health care. As you undertake your search for the perfect pharmacy school, I hope you will consider the University of Florida College of Pharmacy — a national leader in pharmacy education for nearly a century.
I recognize you have many options to consider when choosing a pharmacy education, but here are a few reasons why you should consider UF.
- Ranked as the No. 1 pharmacy college in Florida and one of the Top 5 pharmacy schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Report
- Approximately $1,040,000 in annual financial support and nearly $261,000 in scholarships for newly admitted students helps fund education
- Innovative curriculum prepares students to be 21st century pharmacists with direct and personal interaction with faculty
- Faculty rank among the elite pharmacy educators and practitioners and are some of the most well-respected and accomplished researchers in the pharmaceutical sciences
- Students enjoy a wealth of research opportunities with distinguished faculty across a number of disciplines and summer stipends are available for work on faculty research projects
- Many student organizations represent varied interests in pharmacy and provide volunteer and professional development opportunities for students to gain valuable leadership and service skills
- Graduates are sought for top jobs and the vast majority secure a job or residency prior to graduation
- Placement of graduates into highly competitive residency programs is the highest of all pharmacy colleges in the nation
- Extensive alumni network includes nearly 15,000 living UF pharmacy graduates residing in all 50 states and more than 45 countries
The UF College of Pharmacy offers you three unique campuses for learning. Our Gainesville location will connect you to a vibrant student body that represents the Gator Nation in one of America’s best college towns with endless opportunities for collaboration amongst UF’s academic health center. In Jacksonville, you will enjoy living near the beach and interacting with patients the minute you set foot on campus, as our location within the UF Health Jacksonville campus provides many opportunities to improve your clinical pharmacy skills in a hospital-based setting. Finally, our Orlando campus features a state-of-the-art facility located in a thriving medical and research community with multiple hospitals within walking distance of our campus.
There are no limits to what you can achieve as a student at the UF College of Pharmacy.
Peter W. Swaan, Ph.D., M.Pharm.
Dean and Professor, UF College of Pharmacy